Dog walking on Lilleshall Hill

A local landmark that is a destination for many a dog-walker.

Lilleshall Hill is the most easterly of the chain of volcanic hills that includes the Wrekin, Caer Caradoc and the Lawley, standing just 130m above sea level. The obelisk was begun in 1833 in memory of the 1st Duke of Sutherland, who owned the land.

More history can be found on the British History Online website.

Leave a Reply